Parliamentary Counsel Office
We take pride in high quality drafting and in making legislation accessible to all.
Chief Parliamentary Counsel
- The table of legislation waiting to be brought into force by Order in Council has been updated as at 1 October 2014. View the table »
- Vacancy: Legislative drafters »
- View the Briefing Notes for the Attorney-General on the Role and Operations of the PCO, October 2014 »
- Now published: the PCO's Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2014 » and the PCO's Strategic Intentions for the period 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2019 »
- The Legislation Advisory Committee has a new website, funded by the PCO: www.lac.org.nz »
We draft legislation to support the Government's legislative programme. Our goal is legislation that is effective, clear, consistent with other legislation, and adheres to legal principle. And we publish legislation in hard copy and online.
Information for agencies that instruct the PCO in the development of legislation.
Resources include the Guide to Working with the PCO, Principles of clear drafting, information on supplying forms and graphics for publication in legislation, and how to notify Legislative Instruments for publication.