Parliamentary Counsel Office
We take pride in high quality drafting and in making legislation accessible to all.
Chief Parliamentary Counsel
- Vacancy: Legislation Officer »
- The PCO's performance measures for the 2015/16 year are now available.
- A new version of the clauses for standard elements of Treaty settlement Bills has been released. More »
- The table of legislation waiting to be brought into force by Order in Council has been updated as at 1 April 2015. View the table »
- We have made some changes to the format of legislation and to the New Zealand Legislation website. More »
We draft legislation to support the Government's legislative programme. Our goal is legislation that is effective, clear, consistent with other legislation, and adheres to legal principle. And we publish legislation in hard copy and online.
Information for agencies that instruct the PCO in the development of legislation.
Resources include the Guide to Working with the PCO, Principles of clear drafting, information on supplying forms and graphics for publication in legislation, and how to notify Legislative Instruments for publication.