Theprovides access to Acts, Legislative Instruments, Other Instruments, Bills, and Supplementary Order Papers. It provides official copies of Acts and Legislative Instruments.
Other online sources of legislation
- New Zealand Legal Information Institute (NZLII), legislation in PDF format:
- New Zealand Acts 1841–2007 As-Enacted Collection
- 1908 Consolidation
These two collections do not include any later amendments or show whether the Acts have been repealed.
- Historical Bills 1949–2008
Also available from NZLII: Otago, Marlborough, Nelson, Southland, and Westland Provincial Ordinances.
- New Zealand Parliament website:
- Knowledge Basket website:
- Bills: some from 1985, to 2007
- Acts: original versions (amendments not incorporated) of Acts in force in 1987, and all Acts passed from 1987 to 2007 (amendments not incorporated), and reprints from November 2002 to 2007
- Regulations (now known as Legislative Instruments): original versions (amendments not incorporated) from 1987 to 2007, and reprints from October 2003 to 2007.
Other subordinate legislation
Some of this type of legislation is published in the New Zealand Gazette.
- More online resources
- What are Acts, Bills, Legislative Instruments, and Supplementary Order Papers (SOPs)? What are Other Instruments?
- How do I find out what Acts or Legislative Instruments are in force?
- How do I find legislation relating to a particular topic?
- When does a new Act or Legislative Instrument become available?
- More FAQ and other resources