The About this site for more information on what the New Zealand Legislation website does and doesn’t provide, how often it is updated, and the status of legislation on the site.provides access to Acts, Statutory Regulations, deemed regulations, Bills, and Supplementary Order Papers. See
Note that no official version of New Zealand legislation is currently available in electronic form. See Making online legislation official on the New Zealand Legislation website.
Other online sources of legislation
- New Zealand Acts 1841–2007 As-Enacted Collection
- 1908 Consolidation
These two collections, hosted by NZLII, the New Zealand Legal Information Institute, provide Acts in PDF format. They do not include any later amendments or show whether they have been repealed.
- New Zealand Parliament website:
- Knowledge Basket website:
- Bills: some from 1985, to 2007
- Supplementary Order Papers: 2004 to 2007
- Acts: original versions (amendments not incorporated) of Acts in force in 1987, and all Acts passed from 1987 to 2007 (amendments not incorporated), and reprints from November 2002 to 2007
- Regulations: original versions (amendments not incorporated) from 1987 to 2007, and reprints from October 2003 to 2007.
- Electronic Text Centre:
Other subordinate legislation
Some of this type of legislation is published in the New Zealand Gazette.
- More online resources
- What are Acts, Bills, Statutory Regulations, and Supplementary Order Papers (SOPs)?
- How do I find out what Acts or regulations are in force?
- How do I find legislation relating to a particular topic?
- When does a new Act or set of regulations become available?
- More FAQ and other resources